Senior Mechanical Engineer / Rotating Equipment
We are looking for an engineer to join the Coolbrook Turbomachinery Technology team. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp on the practical application of engineering fundamentals and has the drive to pursue individual expertise and expand knowledge in the field of rotating equipment that is at heart of Coolbrook RotoDynamic Technology.
As this is a focal figure in the development team, the senior engineer will interact closely with all relevant stakeholders — including supply chain, suppliers and manufacturing partners — to ensure all cross-functional requirements are met. They must be self-driven, detail oriented, a good team player, able to handle multiple project assignments, and be willing to learn, adapt and contribute in a fast-paced product development and engineering organization.
Leicester, UK; Oxford, UK; or Helsinki, Finland
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other specialists to define specification requirements, including the best suitable machine architecture for reliability, durability, and inspection.
- Ensure all applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API, ISO, etc. are satisfied.
- Conduct engineering analysis and calculations to define and optimize all critical design parameters for duty specification.
- Ensure consistency through the whole gas process loop and for all operation scenarios.
- Create 2D and 3D CAD models to support closing basic and detailed engineering work.
- Create accurate, complete and concise engineering documentation to define turbomachinery equipment specifications and requirements.
- This includes general requirements, specific project or product operating duty, inspection, verification, certification, and test plans.
- Write and present project development status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Manage turbomachinery equipment engineering schedules and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Upload and update engineering documents in a Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Coordinate design changes with the Aerothermal and Structures teams.
- Strictly follow all established company policies including EHS policies.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- A minimum of five years industry working experience in mechanical engineering (preferably in oil and gas/power generation turbomachinery).
- Knowledge of typical design solutions in turbomachinery.
- Demonstrable analytical abilities with strong attention to detail and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to analyse the results of calculations and independently make design decisions.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a good team player
- Hands-on rotating equipment engineering experience.
- Good understanding of lubrification systems and bearing, seals and gearbox technologies.
- Good knowledge of material properties and manufacturing processes, thermal barrier coatings.
- Good knowledge of Rapid Prototyping technology (AM)
- Professional experience in the use of Solidworks or Catia, and ANSYS Mechanical will be highly advantageous.
- Chartered Engineer status with a suitable professional institution.
Apply for this position
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All job openings
We at Coolbrook are continuously looking for passionate and talented employees to join us on our mission to de-carbonize high-temperature industrial processes.