Senior Structural Engineer / Rotating Equipment
We are looking for an engineer to join the Coolbrook Turbomachinery Technology team. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp on the practical application of engineering fundamentals and has the drive to pursue individual expertise and expand knowledge in the field of rotating equipment that is at heart of Coolbrook RotoDynamic Technology.
As this is a focal figure in the development team, the senior engineer will interact closely with all relevant stakeholders — including the supply chain, suppliers and manufacturing partners — to ensure all cross-functional requirements are met. They must be self-driven, detail oriented, a good team player, able to handle multiple project assignments, and be willing to learn, adapt and contribute in a fast-paced product development and engineering organization.
Leicester, UK; Oxford, UK; or Helsinki, Finland
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other specialists to define specification requirements, including the best suitable machine architecture for reliability, durability, and inspection.
- Ensure all applicable codes and standards such as ASME, API, ISO, etc. are satisfied.
- Conduct engineering analysis and calculations to define and optimize all critical design parameters for duty specification.
- Ensure consistency through the whole gas process loop and for all operation scenarios.
- Write and present project development status updates to stakeholders as needed.
- Perform Linear Elastic, Modal, Thermomechanical, Vibrational analysis, including Rotodynamic analysis.
- Knowledge of core software for FEA (ANSYS, but comparative software is also acceptable).
- Design for testing (DFT), test plan development and data analysis.
- Upload and update engineering documents in a Product Lifecycle Management system.
- Coordinate design changes with the Aerothermal and Structures teams.
- Strictly follow all established company policies including EHS policies.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- A minimum of five years industry working experience in mechanical engineering (preferably in oil and gas/power generation turbomachinery).
- Demonstrable analytical abilities with strong attention to detail and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a good team player.
- Hands-on rotating equipment engineering experience.
- Good understanding of lubrification systems and bearing, seals and gearbox technologies.
- Good knowledge of material properties and manufacturing processes, thermal barrier coatings.
- Experience in aerodynamic design of turbomachinery.
- Experience in process industries.
- Professional experience in the use of Solidworks or Catia, and ANSYS Mechanical will be highly advantageous.
- Chartered Engineer status with a suitable professional institution.
Apply for this position
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
All job openings
We at Coolbrook are continuously looking for passionate and talented employees to join us on our mission to de-carbonize high-temperature industrial processes.