Coolbrook Management team
M.Sc. (Technology), M.Sc. (Economics)
Joonas Rauramo is an experienced green technology and renewable energy business leader who is passionate about driving the global transformation to a CO2-free future. He is leading Coolbrook’s scaling up to a commercially led industrial business committed to partnering with leading technology companies and largest players in petrochemicals, steel, and cement. Prior to joining Coolbrook, Mr. Rauramo worked 15 years with low carbon electricity production in one of Europe’s largest utility companies, Fortum. He has held various managerial and executive positions in strategy, M&A, and business line roles, most recently as the Vice President of Wind Business Area.
- Coolbrook 2021–2022 EVP, Strategy and Industrial Partnerships
- Fortum 2018–2021 Vice President, Wind
- Fortum 2016–2018 Vice President, Solar and Wind Development
- Fortum 2007–2016 Various leadership roles in strategy and business development
Positions of trust
- Korkia, Board member 2022–
- Resand, Board member 2021–
Chief Legal Officer
LL.M., Trained at the Bench
Aleksi Airas leads Coolbrook’s legal function as Chief Legal Officer (CLO). He is responsible for legal affairs and compliance at Coolbrook. Prior to Coolbrook, Airas worked for over a decade as a lawyer with Fortum, a leading Nordic energy company. Airas has strong experience in various areas of corporate law, and he is particularly experienced in M&A, energy and projects. Most recently he worked as Head of M&A Legal with the Corporate M&A function of Fortum.
- Fortum Corporation 2019–2023 Head of M&A Legal
- Fortum Corporation 2014–2019 Legal Counsel, M&A
- Fortum Corporation 2011–2014 Legal Counsel
- Moventas Corporation 2010–2011 Legal Counsel
- Roschier, Attorneys Ltd. 2007–2010 Associate Lawyer
Chief Financial Officer
M. Sc. (Economics, Finance, Accounting)
Mikko Jaatinen ensures that Coolbrook’s financial strategies and policies support its fast growing global partnerships and commercial relationships. Prior to joining Coolbrook, he led financial sector risk management and business operations development at Neste, a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. He is an expert on funding strategy and business development in the world of green finance.
- Neste 2018 – 2022 Head of Treasury, Markets & Funding
- Neste 2016 – 2018 Head of Treasury, Financial Markets and Credit Management
- Neste 2015 – 2016 Treasury Manager
- Neste 2009 – 2015 Business controller roles in Oil Products, Renewable Products
Tuomas Ouni D.Sc. (Chem. Eng.)
Head of Process Development
Doctor of Science, Chemical Engineering
Tuomas Ouni D.Sc. (Chem. Eng.) is in charge of the chemical process and analytical system development of RDR technology. Prior to joining Coolbrook, he was Group Expert of Hydrocarbon Technologies at Borealis Polymers. Ouni has almost two decades of experience in process development engineering.
- Borealis 2017–2021 Group Expert, Hydrocarbon Technologies
- Borealis 2011–2017 Borealis 2017–2021 Expert, Phenol and Hydrocarbon Technologies
- Neste Jacobs 2009–2011 Process Engineer
- Perstorp 2005–2009 Process development engineer
- Helsinki University of Technology 2001–2005 Researcher, PhD student
Head of Manufacturing & Supply Chain
M.Sc. (Engineering Business Management), B.Sc. (Hons) – Mechanical Engineering
Nigel Pearce leads the company’s manufacturing and supply chain team, overseeing the planning, coordination, and performance of its product delivery processes. He is also responsible for developing new and existing relationships with suppliers and optimising the procurement of materials and technology needed for Coolbrook to meet its production timeline. Pearce joined Coolbrook from Rolls-Royce where he built up 33 years of experience in manufacturing and engineering projects, including new manufacturing capability developments, many new product introduction projects, two new factory builds and continuous improvement of existing facilities. Pearce also led the company’s digital manufacturing development including the deployment of a Manufacturing Execution System.
- Rolls-Royce 2021–2022 Head of Manufacturing Engineering
- Rolls-Royce 2017–2021 Digital Manufacturing Director
- Rolls-Royce 2013–2017 Head of Manufacturing Engineering
- Rolls-Royce 2010–2013 Chief of Manufacturing Engineering
- Rolls Royce 1989 – 2010 Various Manufacturing and Engineering management roles
Chief Commercial Officer
Lauri Peltola leads the implementation of sales and commercial strategies to drive business results for Coolbrook. He is responsible for delivering business growth through sales, new partnerships, and expansion. Peltola joined Coolbrook from KONE where he was Director of Volume Elevator Offering. He brings over ten years of experience in leadership and portfolio management positions.
- Coolbrook 2023 SVP, Strategy and Corporate Development
- KONE 2021–2023 Director, Global Volume Elevator Offering
- McKinsey & Company 2020–2021 Engagement Manager
- McKinsey & Company 2019–2020 Senior Associate
- OP Financial Group 2011–2019 Management and Leadership roles in business transformation, operational excellence and banking
Chief Human Resources Officer
M.Sc. (Economics & Business Administration)
Karoliina Reuna leads Coolbrook’s human resources function ensuring the right competences for growth are in place for current and future needs. Together with the leadership team she fosters and develops a culture where Coolbrook attracts, retains and develops industry top talent to reach the ambition of a clean future for the world’s highest emitting industries. In her role she ensures Coolbrook HR practices give a solid foundation for an engaged and high performing organisation. She joined Coolbrook from energy company Fortum where she worked in HR leadership positions supporting e.g. renewables, trading and district heating businesses. Previously in her career she has worked with developing HR processes and operating models as well as supporting major global companies in their transformation journeys as a consultant.
- Fortum 2023–2023 People VP (acting) Corporate Customers & Markets
- Fortum 2018–2023 Senior Business People Partner for various businesses: Wind Power, Heating & Cooling, Trading & Asset Optimisation, Bio2X
- Fortum 2016–2018 Manager, People Service Portfolio and Delivery
- Fortum 2012–2016 HR Process Development Manager
- IBM Business Consulting 2006–2012 Senior Consultant, Strategy & Transformation
Fellow of Royal Academy of Engineering, Fellow of Royal Aeronautical Society, Chartered Engineer, HND Mechanical Engineering – Derby University
Rob Savidge ensures the continued development of Coolbrook’s revolutionary RotoDynamic technology. Savidge joined Coolbrook with 42 years’ experience in directing engineering and technology projects, delivering test facilities and services to meet product and technology developments requirements. Savidge has most recently held the position of Company Director Technical Assurance at Rolls-Royce, where he directed the technical and financial risk assurance across Rolls-Royce group businesses globally. He has deep experience in directing engineering and technology projects, delivering test facilities and services to meet product and technology developments requirements.
- 2016–2020 Company Director Technical Assurance
- 2013–2016 Director Engineering Systems and Services
- 2010–2013 VP Engineering at Aero Engine Controls (joint venture by Rolls-Royce and Goodrich)
- 2009–2010 EVP Engineering and Technology, Global Gas Turbine Supply Chain
- 2007–2008 Engineering and Technology Executive, Fan Systems
- 2001–2007 Chief Engineer (Airbus A380 engine)
Key University partners
We are partnering with some of the world’s leading academic institutions and experts to validate and further develop the RDR and RDH technology and make this vision a reality for us all.
Professor, University of Cambridge
Ph.D. (Turbomachinery) Liping Xu is a University Lecturer in Turbo machinery in Cambridge University. He has infinite knowledge about turbo machinery and vast contacts inthe industry. He is responsible for the RDR computer designs at Coolbrook.
Professor, Oxford University
Ph.D. (Aerospace Engineering) Budimir Rosic has been the main designer of CFD model for RDR technology and has a long career in top universities. He has won four ASME best paper prizes in the last 5 years and has won the prestigious ASME Gas Turbine Award twice.
Kevin Van Geem
Professor, University of Ghent
Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) Kevin Van Geem is a member of the Laboratory for Chemical Technology of Ghent university. Thermochemical reaction engineering in general and inparticular the transition from fossil to renewable resources are his main research interests.
Coolbrook Board of Directors
Our board of directors brings decades of combined experience, deep expertise and a proven track record of business leadership in a range of demanding fields.
Chairman of the Board
M.Sc. in Engineering Physics. Anders Borg spent almost a decade at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), where he was a Managing Director responsible for the Nordic Region and also deeply involved in the company’s ESG task force. Mr. Borg is currently a private investor focusing solely on the industrial climate tech industry. Prior to KKR, he was a partner at TDR Capital and a consultant at Bain & Company. Recent board engagements include Chairman of Valinge Group, and director at Visma, Mehilainen, and Nordic Bioscience.
Ilpo Kuokkanen is a visionary entrepreneur and founder of Coolbrook. His education is in law, and he is focusing on the vision and strategic plans of the company. He has been involved or led several successful venture capital investments. During internet revolution, he led the development of Saunalahti into Finland’s leading internet and telecom company culminating in the IPO and later sale of the company in 2005 for € 350 million.
MBA from Harvard, MSc (Finance), MSc (Econ.), Eugene Jaffe has over 25 years of international top management, investment banking and private equity experience. Recently he has worked as CEO of Neqsol (2016-2018) and CEO & Chairman of Salford Capital partners (2001-2015). He has successful proven track record from entrepreneurship, leadership of large complex businesses, deal making, execution and value creation for shareholders.
Masters in Law. Niklas Östman is a leading IP and technology lawyer and partner at Roschier Attorneys, With 25 years’ experience in commercial technology, software, and IP transaction and litigation. His prior roles include General Manager of IP Licensing at Microsoft USA and Head of Patent Licensing at Nokia, Finland.
LL.M, Attorney-at-Law. Alexander Vatanski has strong background in corporate law, advocacy and entrepreneurship and has a long experience working in the largest law firms in Finland.